PODCAST LOVE

Podcasts are one of my favourite discoveries. The radio these days is just trash talk and ads - 100% not worth listening to! Even the ABC has gone downhill, and that's saying something. A few years ago I came across podcasts and I haven't looked back since. Australia seems to be only just getting on board with creating good podcasts so most of my favourites are American. The great thing about podcasts is that they're completely free and jam-packed full of fantastic things to listen to and learn!

Here are a few of my favourites that I think are worth having a listen to:

THE SPORTS MOTIVATION PODCAST
Main themes: self-development, creating success 


This podcast is probably my all-time favourite. I have listened to it for a few years now and I can definitely say, that although the way the host Niyi speaks can be hard to hear (a spade is a spade on this podcast!), he pushes you to be better every single time you listen. Niyi speaks about success and how to realistically define it for yourself and then ruthlessly obtain it. There’s certainly no lovey-dovey Instagram quotes to be found here, just a good old-fashioned dose of reality about what it takes to be truly successful. Listen to this if you’re serious about becoming a better person! 

THE RICH ROLL PODCAST
Main themes: self-development, health


I am also a long time listener of the Rich Roll Podcast. The episodes on performance, food and health are FANTASTIC and definitely worth listening to. Rich is great at interviewing people. He has the ability to hold a flowing and natural conversation whilst asking all the right questions and covering all the right topics. Rich is top of the podcast world and can bring a lot of knowledge and value to the table through these interviews. If you're into bettering yourself and your health this podcast is a must. 

THE ROBCAST
Main themes: Religion, spirituality, being a good person 


Now, I am not a religious person but I think learning about the bible and religion is valuable since both have seriously lasted the test of time. In this podcast Rob teaches about the bible and spirituality in a way that is so accessible to the average person it's ridiculous. In all my years at an Anglican high school I never understood any of what I was being taught on religion and the bible. I don't know how I could spend 6 years of religion classes and chapel services having not taken a single thing in, but such is the case! Now, thanks to Rob, I've learnt some really worthwhile things. Even if you're a hardcore atheist, this podcast is really worth listening to.

THE SCHOOL OF GREATNESS
Main themes: self-development, business, entrepreneurship 


This is another self-development podcast that has more of a business focus. I listen to this one less now because I’m not as much into building business and self-brand at the moment as I am about learning and developing but a few years ago I was listening to every episode. Lewis is another great interviewer with a relaxed interview style that makes things sound like a conversation whilst asking all the right questions, though I would argue that Rich Roll is more candid at this than Lewis. This podcast covers a number of topics from health, self-development, masculinity, business, minimalism etc. Essentially it covers great people – well-known celebrities, athletes, business people etc and gives you an in-depth view of what they do and how it can apply to you. 

GET YOUR MIND RIGHT
Main themes: short bursts of motivation 


A shorter podcast made by the same guy who makes The Sports Motivation Podcast. This one consists of Niyi talking over the music of well-known upbeat songs to serve as a motivational pick me up for your day. These podcasts are about 3-10 minutes long and I think are great to listen to over and over again as you drive to work to really let his messages sink in. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Main themes: very well articulated explanations of why veganism is a good thing 


I think all new vegans need to jump into the achieves of this podcast and listen from the very beginning. What I realise now after 4 years of being a vegan, is that new vegans have a really hard time articulating themselves to non-vegans and often don’t do themselves or the cause any justice because of this constant stumbling over words and ideas. Colleen has an amazing ability with language and communication. She can explain all the reasons why one might choose to be vegan so incredibly well that even as a vegan myself I found I was being more and more convinced! She preaches peaceful evangelism and encourages new vegans to stay calm and plant seeds, realising that people will not find something attractive if the person trying to ‘sell’ it to them is mean, aggressive or poorly articulated. This podcast is an amazing resource and is great to listen to if you’re wanting to learn more about veganism and all the things that this movement entails. 

To throw a really odd one in the mix the Focus on the Family Marriage Podcast is really good for helping to improve your relationship with your partner. It can get a bit religious at times being an American Christian podcast (how do I even find these things?!) but if you gloss over this, the core of the podcast is short episodes with easy to action steps that are great if you're serious about sticking things out for the long run. 

I'd love to know if you listen to any of these podcasts and what you think of them! Do you have any great ones that I've missed? 

Love, 
Liza 




Comments

Popular Posts